Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cali the Hunter


Just when I thought Cali couldn't be a better dog...

A few weeks ago some gopher hills popped up in our backyard. As any gardener knows, this was a serious threat to my newly planted fruit trees. If something wasn't done quickly my trees wouldn't make it through the summer.

Before I could buy traps or poison, Cali showed her prowess as a hunter. I've never seen a dog catch a gopher, but in that first week Cali dug out four! Imagine our surprise, since we had never seen Cali actually catch anything. Sure she goes crazy over birds, squirrels, lizards, and anything else that moves, but she never can catch them. Granted, she did tear up our hillside doing it. Fortunately we hadn't landscaped so she wasn't in trouble.

Needless to say, Cali is the best dog ever!

No comments: