Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here We Come Maui


Well our bags are packed. Let me rephrase that, our bag is packed. We attempted to fit everything in one suitcase so we don't have to pay so many crazy baggage fees. My hope is that it weighs in under 50 lbs. Havn't checked that out yet. Also havn't attempted to close the bag yet. We are so excited to be spending a week in Maui. We leave Thursday night to drop off the dog with my parents and then we fly out of Oakland Friday morning. Pray for the flight. I absolutely hate flying. Scares me to death. (I packed my leftover ambien from sinus surgery to get me through the flight) If you havn't been prescribed ambien while in the hospital for pneumonia, valley fever, sinus surgery, etc. It is a miracle drug while enduring all of those ailments as well as falling asleep on an airplane. Also while packing, I was reminded how much easier life would be if I were a boy. It probably took me the better part of the day to pack yesterday and Tim packed last night in about ten minutes. All he really had to do was throw in a couple pairs of shorts, polos, and t-shirts. There is so much that boys don't have to worry about. Cosmetics, blowdryers, straightners, and shoes alone took up half the bag for me. I also packed a dress for every night as well as a swimsuit for just about every day. (I know I get a little overboard when it comes to packing) During packing Tim and I decided it might be a good idea to talk about expectations for the trip. It became very evident from our packing that our expectations were on different wavelengths. (I highly recommend discussing expectations before any trip) It was funny how I conjured up my Maui trip to include fancy dinners overlooking amazing sunsets everynight while Tim's idea of the trip included hitting up costco when we land to cook meals at our timeshare to save money. We'll definitely meet in the middle. A girl can always dream right? Aloha for now...

1 comment:

Two Cent Sparrow said...

a different swim suit for everyday! wow! you must have alot of cute suits. but i am not surprise. :)

rj and i always talk about trip expectations before we leave. it is a MUST for us! because, inevitably, we both want to do different things and have to meet in the middle.

have so much fun. i am oozing with jealousy.