Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer has begun...

School ended last week and the week wound down with the last few days of teacher meetings and putting the classroom back in order for next year's group. With that ending comes the much anticipated beginning of summer. It is our first summer in the heat of Paso and so far we are enjoying it. I told Tim the other day that I was really enjoying the weather in Paso and he kindly reminded me that it was only June 5th. Weirdly enough, the sound of air conditioners turning on outside of homes in our neighborhood remind me of childhood. We haven't had to use our a.c. yet (thank goodness because it is currently not working) but a few more days of +100 temps might do it.
So what am I going to do with all my time now that summer is here? Well, I always find it funny that I keep completely occupied the first few weeks after school and then about week 3 I start wandering around the house wondering what to do. I have had 4 days of freedom so far and have painted two bathrooms, organized closets, rearranged the guest room, made a couple of cherry pies, and started to develop a writing curriculum for a new class I'm teaching next year. There's something about working constantly the last 10 months and then all of a sudden transitioning into nothingness. I have a hard time winding down I think. There's just something about having the free time all of a sudden to get all of those things that you have been putting off done. Don't get me wrong, I have been to the pool where I will spend many more idle hours this summer attempting to tan and get in swimming shape again.
I know the summer will fly by, it always does. 2 months just doesn't seem long enough. Tim and I have lots of plans this summer. (that's why I am getting my closet organizing done now) We are headed to Auberry this weekend to watch my brother get married. A few weeks after that we are flying to Maui for a week where we get to celebrate my 29th birthday. We have a Dodger game to catch in July as well as that trip to Vegas that we won. Sprinkle in summer concerts in the park, backyard bbqs, and some beach trips and the summer will be complete. Cheers to summer!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What about a trip to Colorado? Don't forget that one on your summer plans!

Love you! Miss you!
Tammy