Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bananas Foster




The Coalwells were all excited about making their own bananas foster dessert after discovering the recipe over the weekend at a Cambria restaurant. The boys were super excited to try out the recipe because it involved the use of a blow torch. I was a little nervous until I remembered Brendan was a firefighter. The excitement fizzled when the dish didn't exactly light on fire. So we enjoyed carmalized bananas and sugar over ice cream. The recipe will get perfected, I have hope.

2 comments:

harmijo said...

The picture outside looks so intense it cracks me up, lol. It looks like a welding project instead of a dessert ;) It sounds like it tasted wonderful though and that's all that matters :) I wouldn't have had the courage to even attempt at dessert like that!

Coalwell Family said...

oh it will be perfected...it involves brendan and fire, duh!