Wednesday, December 22, 2010



Being off on Christmas vacation has given me some time to start thinking about the nursury. As most of you know, I love decorating! So having a baby room to decorate only brings that much more joy. I have been scouring the internet for fun ideas. I finally came across some things that I really like. I really wanted to make my own crib bedding (let me rephrase that) I really wanted to have Tim's mom and sister make my crib bedding while I picked out cute fabric. Crib bedding can be so expensive! So my search led me to http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/ She has so many great fabrics for all kinds of fun projects. The best thing is that lots of local stores carry her fabrics. Now it is just a matter of narrowing down which fabrics I want to choose. I think I want it to be pretty eclectic without looking like a hodgepodge. We will see if that is possible. I am also attempting to go with the bird theme. Tim has hung a birdcage in the corner of the room with a large branch (found in the ditch behind our house) above the birdcage. Doesn't get much cheaper than that. I found the pattern for these little birds at www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile.com I think I might actually attempt to make those to put on the branch. We will see how it all turns out.

2 comments:

Coalwell Family said...

Love it! It will be so cute for that little girl of yours. And I love Amy Butler fabrics...good choice.

JW said...

I know at least two people who have made those birds and they turned out really well - adorable, actually. Birch carries Amy Butler too;)