Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Bump

Alright...here's the first picture at exactly 4 months. Can you tell? I don't know.... Funny story from my fifth graders.... They were very excited when I told them that I was pregnant. There was the collective gasp, and then a rousing round of applause out of the blue. It was really cute. So the students have been going home and telling their parents that I am pregnant. Some of them apparently in creative ways. I got an email from a parent last week that made me laugh.

One of my students went home after school and his parents had just had the carpet cleaned and all the furniture was moved out of the house. So he was messing around in the freshly cleaned carpet drawing designs with his foot. He soon announced to his parents that he had a very special announcement to make, but that it was written in the carpet. Well the message read, "She's pregnant" There might have been a little confusion at home until he clarified that the "she" was indeed Mrs. Romano. Ha!

So same student two weeks later... I get a phone call in the morning when I am teaching math from the other 5th grade math teacher. He wanted to ask me if the two boys in my class with the same last name were actually twins. (yes, he had been teaching them for the last 4 months...another blog chapter could reveal totally funny stories about this other teacher) So I answered him on the phone, "yes, they're twins" and hung up. (a little annoyed that I was being interupted on my fabulous lesson of triple digit multiplication) So later the same day, this same "carpet writing" student approaches me looking only at my belly and says, " so you're having twins?" I was really confused thinking, wow, did I really look that big to the kids already? Obviously it took a few minutes to figure out that he had gathered that from my earlier phone conversation about the twins in my class. I quickly sent him out to lunch, reassuring him that I was not having twins!

7 comments:

katygirl said...

debra! every once in awhile i stop by your blog and i'm so so so excited for you guys! congrats!

Tammy said...

Um, you are ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

harmijo said...

You have a beautiful glow already! And yes, you can tell you are pregnant :) Fit and pregnant though, you are all tiny belly :)

I am going out on a limb here, but I have just had this feeling, since you told us all you were pregnant, that you are having a girl. I don't believe in psychic powers or any of that stuff. I think it was just perhaps a fellow woman's intuition things :) I can't wait to see if I am right ;)

Oh, and you should do one of these pictures at least every trimester! It would be fun to see how you and baby progress :)

Turner Family said...

yay yay yay!!! God is amazing! can't wait to watch that baby bump grow over the next few months. you are going to be an amazing mom! just think, next christmas you will be baby-proofing everything- woohoo!

love the carpet 'baby announcement' story. how creative is he?!

Vanoli Family said...

Hi Debra! Love the bump, and I'll continue to pray for you guys. Glad everything is going well.

mom/popfoote said...

i was just thinking/ praying for you today re: baby and decided to check your blog.
so happy for you 3

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

What a miracle and sweet picture! Congratulations- you probably get to find out what you are having soon and feel the baby move! So exciting. Our babies will be about 2 months apart!