Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vacation Day 17

Day 17... July 21

This morning we headed to Astoria to see Fort Clatsop. (Lewis and Clark) I took lots of pictures of the fort so that I could share them with my students. We listened to a guide dressed up in timepiece clothing and doing demonstrations at the fort. I remember coming here when I was little with my family and waiting forever for my dad to read about everything in the museum. This time it was not much different bringing Tim for the first time. (History buffs!) From there we made the long drive up the Columbia River to Euguene, Oregon to see friends Corey and Donna Templeton. They gave us the quick driving tour around town and showed us the University of Oregon (Track City USA) where Corey is working on his masters in Architecture.

1 comment:

harmijo said...

I love the historical places too, they are so fun and interesting at the same time. Looks like you guys had fun and took some neat pics too! We have a place here like that here, but for NM history. It's up in the mountains and so pretty to walk around.