Friday, August 6, 2010

A Week in Vegas

This probably doesn't look like the Vegas picture you remember... because it's not. We sidetracked to Hoover Dam one day in the 110 degree heat so Tim could marvel at the engineering wonder of the dam. We took the dam tour, walked across the dam bridge, etc. (The phrase never got old) I would say I was a good wife as I walked in the heat all the way across the dam with Tim so he could take a picture of the intake tunnel. ?? I won't mention the part of the trip when he was a good husband and picked out my size pants in various styles in the Banana Republic outlet as I searched the sale rack.






Most of our Las Vegas experience involved food, food, and more food. We ate well to say the least. The trick was attending the time share talk at the hotel for $150 in meal vouchers on the strip. This restaurant was the Mesa Grill which is Bobby Flay's restaurant if you watch the cooking channel. Best pork tenderloin I ever ate...






There's just something so magical about the Bellagio water show. We could have sat there all night and watched it.





Les Artistes Steakhouse at the Paris Hotel. The best seared scallops and risotto I have eaten.



Tao restaurant at the Venetian. You must go there when you are in Vegas!



Only in Vegas do you open your fortune cookies to read this....



I know I have been raving about the food, but this curry shrimp dish at Tao inspired us both to try and start experimenting with cooking tastier dishes.


Just a few people we met on the strip.

1 comment:

CharityLiz said...

Have never seen the water show at the Bellagio--but totally want too! Also, love those fortune cookies!!! Glad you guys had fun!