Saturday, August 22, 2009

Celebrity Sighting at the Pool

This morning I woke up and decided to go for a swim and then sit in the hot tub at the gym. I was a little concerned that I might see some of my students in the pool practicing with their swim team, so I called ahead to make sure there were no swim teams in the pool. The lady told me that the pool was clear, so I headed for the gym. Upon arriving I spot 4 students in the pool. I jumped in the far lane and ignored them for a good half hour. It wasn't until their practice ended that I ran into trouble. A couple kids from my class were standing at the outside showers chatting loudly. (Nothing unusual, I now know they don't just constantly talk in my class) I was getting really tired of swimming and wanted to get out of the pool, but they were good motivation for me to keep going because I was so inconspicuous in my goggles. Well, I couldn't handle the pool anymore and they weren't moving from the showers. I got out and bee lined straight for my towell. Upon this move they spotted me. This is what caught my attention....
"Oh my God, that is my teacher!"
my response: "Oh, hey guys how's it going?"

Now I really wanted to get into the hot tub so I put my towell around me the best I could and headed for the hot tub. While walking away I hear the chatter...

"Hey everyone, that's my new 5th grade teacher!"

I would have liked to just wear the towell into the hot tub, but I couldn't so I dropped it at the last second to get in. This is what I hear next....

"Oh my GOD!!!"

If that doesn't give someone a complex I don't know what does. I think I am going to have to pull out the one piece next time. At least they realize that I don't live in my classroom on the weekends. Can't wait to see the little darlings Monday morning. Their response usually goes something like this....

"Hey, I saw you at the pool on Saturday."
my response: "ya, wasn't that fun!"

5 comments:

Turner Family said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahah! serious celebrity. :)

harmijo said...

What a funny story, LMBO! I remember whenever I saw my teachers anywhere outside of school as a kid it was so bizarre! Lol, I guess all of us kids just thought they were robots that got put away for the night at the school and taken out in the morning by the janitor. For goodness sake, they weren't real people! LOL!

Sara said...

Umm, that's hilarious. At least from my perspective. =)

Two Cent Sparrow said...

So funny!!!

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed SO HARD reading this! Poor Debra.