Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Getaway to the Sequoias


Tim and I had the opportunity to head out of town for the weekend and enjoy a little snow. It was hard to leave San Luis when the weather was in the 80's, but it was great to get away.


The giant sequoias are unlike any other. The one I am standing in front of fell on a clear sunny day where there was no wind. Kind of a scary thought as we hiked miles into the wilderness.


These are views from Moro Rock. In the summer time you can climb the 400 some odd stairs to the top. We could not even see the stairs and decided to crawl up half way to check out the views. The last time I was here was with my family when we were little. I just kept thinking about how my mom must have been freaking out watching the three of us climb this rock!
Don't you think Tim's snowman (the one on the right) looks like a monkey?

3 comments:

harmijo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
harmijo said...

WOW, what beautiful scenery! I love the pic of you and Tim with his monkey snowman too ;) LOL! Seriously though you guys that is a great pic and you both look so happy and cozy :)

God bless,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing photos! I like the distant one of the mountain range. Realizing that we are so small in the scheme of things, but we all of our part in bringing glory to our Creator. Sweet action!