Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Visit to the ER

This morning did not exactly go as planned. The plan was to get up early, get ready for school, and make it out the door in time to get my kids prepared for putting on 8:00 am mass for the entire school. I did wake up early, only not to head to work but to the ER. I have been dealing with some neck issues lately and have been having horrible pain near my spine. So this morning was the morning I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. Only in San Luis Obispo would we walk into the ER and not have to wait for anything. I was brought right to a room, had x rays taken, and was back home in about an hour. I love small towns. Not to mention an ER Doctor of one of the students that I teach calling the hospital for me to make sure I was well taken care of when I arrived. The X rays came back fine (which is always a blessing and a curse because you still don't know what is wrong with you) and the Doctor said that I had a mayofascial cervical strain. So I sit here with a neck brace on the couch, realizing that life in my classroom is probably going on as somewhat usual, and learning not to stress out so much about the little things that were most likely the reason the whole neck thing started in the first place.

5 comments:

harmijo said...

OUCH! I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting Debra and I will be praying your neck heals up VERY soon!

God bless,
Heidi

Two Cent Sparrow said...

I'm glad it was nothing too serious! Have you been stressed lately? I get alot more neck and back pain when stressed. Maybe you just need a relaxing trip down the coast, to say - Ventura?, for some R&R!

Vanoli Family said...

Well, at least it's not valley fever this time. Hope you're feeling better!

Sara said...

I should have told you this last night, but I wasn't thinking. Remember when I was having all those neck issues? The doctor's said that it was myofascial pain in my case as well. I went to physical therapy and that helped A LOT. I don't know if that would work for you, but it helped me know what exercises to do, etc. Also, stress makes my pain come back for sure. Gotta go, we'll talk later.

Carly said...

Dang! Sounds like an A+ emergency room experience. I just took Macy in for the first time in December - took us 2 hours to get treated and back home. It was SO typical and super annoying :) Yay for SLO